Monday, February 18, 2013

Finally set up my Sewing Space!

Cork board/ white board

Storage unit and boxes from Target; printer on top; rotating spool holder will replace the bag of spools; puzzle magazines and quilt magazines in magazine holder

Lamp will be painted navy blue

Sewing table fully open; cross-stitch picture found at Goodwill; may or may not go on wall at some point

Annette's Sewing Space
I've never had my own sewing space. My sewing table sat and served as a BAR for years in my dining room, with my sewing machine stored safely under it. Yes, it had an ice bucket, cups, wine, soda, dessert plates, and other stuff. It WAS in the dining room after all. When I started sewing again, my entire dining table served as a space. It wasn't a good experience. BUT NO MORE! I moved my leather futon out of my extra bedroom/office and it is going to my mom's house along with a desk and a computer! I rolled my sewing table in, bought the cutest storage unit from Target and picked blue, red, and tan fabric boxes for it. Screwed a hook into the side of the table to hang my cutting mats and rulers when not in use! Set my printer on top of my cubbies and once my DH has built my rotating thread holder, it will go right next to it! Hung a corkboard/whiteboard up, organized all my craft books and stored them in the storage under the table. Using my piano seat to sit on. The lamp you see was being tossed away at work so I grabbed it and will paint it blue to match my colors. I originally painted it purple b/c it was going into the kids' room but they didn't want it so I took it back! When the table is fully opened I will use the left side to iron on and the right side to cut on. That is the plan but I haven't done a test run yet and I still need a power strip. The other half of the room you don't see is my DH's "side" because it has a tv and his computer. I'm thinking of bringing in my laptop stand in too so I can set up. It is a very tiny room but I love the space so much. My home theme is nautical so I think a lovely nautical wall hanging would make a nice touch! I am SEW excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment