Wednesday, September 4, 2013

WIPs

I wanted to put two of my more current WIPs (works in progress) out there for you to see. The pink and white quilt top I am making for my mother-in-law and the  purple/blue/yellow/white quilt is for my niece who is having her first baby, a baby boy.

This quilt top was started back in February for my mother-in-law but never finished. I don't remember off the top of my head the name of the fabric line but I will find it and update this post. I believe it was a charm pack.
**EDITED: The name of the charm pack is Coquette by Chez Moi for Moda Fabrics**

I believe I used plain, white yardage for the sashing and I also used a bit for the disappearing nine-patch.

The disappearing-nine-patch blocks are not done the same throughout the quilt. I turned them different ways. When I was  done with the block and sashing I realized I wanted the quilt to be larger.

Luckily, I had some extra yardage of the pink fabric in my small stash and I had been holding on forever to it. I used it as a border to increase the size of the quilt. I still have to buy batting, and choose fabric for the backing and for the binding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


 The second quilt top is for my niece whose baby is now overdue. I didn't want to make a traditional baby blanket so I opted for a more modern look with the fence rail variation. I still have to buy batting for the middle and I think I'll make the back a solid blue. I was thinking of working with minkie fabric but I've never used it before and I don't have time for trial and error. With my time constraint I may just opt to stitch in the ditch or do an overall s or wavy stitch. I don't think it will be large enough for a crib blanket but it will be to lay the newborn on and later for him to drag about. Excuse my daughter's goofy pose. She always likes to ham it up in front of camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment