Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Week 7 Section 6 DONE!!

I am done with Week 7 Section 6 (finally)! This is the top of the poptart body.
I'm actually falling behind here in the Nyan Cat Quilt-Along but not by much. I've been so busy with kids/home/work/school so I try to squeeze in my crafts anywhere I can.

I'm really excited to actually be moving on to more colors and I'm so glad I chose the colors I did. My light pink fabric has glitter and tiny stars on it. That's right. Glitter. Anyone who knows me knows I love glitter.

Anyway, one thing I had to work through during this stage of making the quilt was to piece together parts of the fabric to create a long enough piece that was needed. I needed a 29" piece for both the black and the beige but seeing that I bought only fat quarters, my longest edge was about 22".  No biggie, but I worried about how it would look. To be honest, I don't believe anyone would notice it if I hadn't pointed it out.

Without further adieu I would like to present my version of part A2. Sorry about the shadowing and off colors. I don't  have many lights on and I was using my iPhone.


No comments:

Post a Comment